Sunday 27 March 2016

Crochet and mirror work Ganapathi wall hanging

Hi my lovely friends,

Wish you all a Happy Easter. How are you all doing?

This week I am posting about my crochet work with mirror embedded on Ganapathi wall hanging. Yeah, again its the Lord Ganapathi.


Wall hanging
Ganapathi wall hanging
I made this as requested by one of my customers after seeing my work. She wanted it to be in mirrors rather than the rhinestones. This was really a new adventure for me.

Before I started heading to this project, I did much analysis of  how to embed mirrors in crochet. I also tried a swatch for myself just to ensure that everything is in place rather than experimenting it with the original project itself.

I drew a clip art of Ganapathi for reference. Then, I made the crochet base in maroon colour with shell edging first. These were the colours that my customer preferred. I then placed the mirrors to check for the precision. And then using glue gun, started sticking each and every mirror pieces in its propoer place as desired. I let it undisturbed for a while.

Later, I added a felt sheet of maroon colour to add more sturdiness to the back of the wall hanging.

I really enjoyed this work as this is the first time I am using mirrors to my work.

As usual, would love to hear from you too. Please share your comments. Thanks from me, Kala.

No comments:

Post a Comment