Tuesday 15 March 2016

Puffy hearts that stole the hearts..... A late post...

Hello everyone.. How are you all??

This post is about my trial in making a puffy hearts. I just wanted to do one to present my hubby for the valentine day, but I loved the patterns, so went on with three more.


Collection of my puffy hearts
My favourite colour is red. I love red in its different shades and the combos too. So Valentine's day, special for hearts and of course, in red colour, I thought of gifting my hubby this year with a puffy heart. He gifted me with a laptop this new year so that I can use it for my crochet purposes. So its my return gift with much love. At the same time, I learned a new pattern too.






Gift to my hubby
The red one's yellow bush type work in the middle is a trial of the pattern I found in www.crochetkari.com . Sangeetha has done a good crochet work. The combos are awesome. I got few more ideas to make for my home. Thanks to her. The borders I did was just running stitch (hope its called so). I love tassels. So wherever I get
a chance to use it, I utilize it. But you know, it definitely adds beauty to the work, that's for sure..



Brother's order - front view
Since I learned a new pattern, I went on making three more. My elder son wanted to gift to his friend, Jude. He selected the cream with maroon one. That was his combo he chose when he knew that I was about to crochet hearts.

My brother wanted two - one of his choice of colours - navy blue and green and one from me of my choice. I had two left - a pink - blue and dark pink with flower.

One of my friends was expecting a baby then.. I wasn't sure about the baby. So I thought it would be apt to present her pink - blue combo. So I kept it aside and then decided to give brother the pink with flower one.


Back view

I used the sun burst pattern in the heart for my brother from the place http://bunnymummy-jacquie.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/simple-sunburst-crochet-heart.html. I wanted to learn a new pattern and I found this quite interesting. The instructions were so easy and simple to follow. Please do try this pattern.

It was supposed to be the size of the red one which I had held in my palm, but it became a bit more bigger. But doesn't matter, I think so. I am not sure where is he going to use it. Hang it in the car, or as a mobile to his baby boy or as a door charm ... options are endless...



What do you think of this work? As usual, please post your comments. Would love to hear from you. Until then, its bye bye from Kala.

No comments:

Post a Comment