Wednesday 9 March 2016

Crochet OM & VEL wall hanging

OM & VEL wall hanging
Hello there everyone. Welcome back to my Yarnoments.... In this blog, I am mentioning about my crochet work on another wall hanging that my cousin has ordered... This is the symbols of Lord Muruga which my cousin's husband is a devotee of. She wanted to present it on his birthday. What a lovely choice was that!!!

When I received that order, I instantly made up my mind to crochet it in a circular pattern with peacock feathers added to it. There are couple of reasons :
1. I already made the rectangle shape.
2. The OM writing has the circular shape in Tamil language which would come well if I chose the round shape.

I already had the peacock blue colour yarn in my stash. So started crocheting flat circle of dcs.

I then googled for peacock feathers, Oh GOD, there were so many lovely patterns that it was difficult for me to choose. I got one from http://livingthecraftlife.blogspot.co.uk . This is a free pattern. I recommend those who have not tried , to give it a try..

The stitching of feathers to one another and then to the circular hanging was a tedious task, but I succeeded in that. The next challenge was to crochet the OM part. For this, I used Aunt Lydia's size 10 golden thread. I enjoyed working with size 10 thread as it was the first time I am using it. The shape came out clearly well which made me feel relieved. Similarly the VEL too (the pointer type).

I added some rhinestones and few blue and golden beads to add charm to the wall hanging. What do you think about it?? Isn't it lovely ???

Welcoming your comments and suggestions to evaluate myself.
Have a lovely day. See you soon with my next post until then its Kala signing off... Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment