Saturday 12 March 2016

A table cloth project that developed a pattern creator in me.

Hi friends,

Today my post is about the table cloth that I am crocheting for one of my friends in Trivandrum, India.. She is my schoolmate. She has asked me to do a 5ft*3ft table cloth.


Pattern for the table cloth
I was about to choose a design for her when she gave one picture of table cloth which her mother has made many years ago. She wanted the same pattern. I was really shocked at the same time was excited too. Shocked because she gave me this assignment hardly when I had started my journey. As a beginner, I felt I should not be silly to take up this project. Hardly I now any stitches. So developing a pattern or thinking of how to create a pattern for it, was something beyond my ability,

I felt excited because of all, she picked me up from the lot.

But I didn't dare to say YES in the beginning. I said, if I could come up with the same design and if she likes it, I shall take it forward. She mentioned her requirements as I should choose white, light pink and light green fro this work with more whites, less pink with few flowers and green for the borders.


Pattern I developed
I then started working on the pattern based on the picture she gave me. I was finding out how to develop a pattern, and believe me, even in my sleep, I was just visualizing those picture and its patterns. I used to wake up late nights for this as if I was preparing for some exams or so. And finally I came up with the pattern.




I took a collage of the pictures and I showed it to her. She really loved it and asked me to go ahead with it. She gave me no deadline because she had only one condition , I should not stress myself while doing this. I should rally enjoy while doing it. I was so happy to hear from her.

First pile of motifs I made

I bought the yarn of the specified colours for this project and started working on the pattern to create motifs. I came up with my own design of placing the pinks and white motifs according to her requirements.


Sample motifs joined together
 with light green yarn.

Now I have started joining the motifs that I have in hand. I am sure I would need more motifs. But with kids around, I know it would be difficult to keep it secured. My very little one may put her hands in my work, I feared.. So thought of joining them and then making motifs later.



Stay tuned as I update my project now and then..

Have a lovely weekend. What do you say about this work? As usual, eager to hear from you. Until then, its Kala signing off.. Byeee..



No comments:

Post a Comment