Sunday 10 April 2016

Popcorn - an inspiration to make a Popcorn bracelet / banglet

Hello friends... This post is about the new stitch I learned - popcorn stitch. In fact, I wanted to post it last week, but my sons were unwell, and vacation started, they were curling up in the bed. I felt so sad as the house wasn't that noisy as I expected and my very little daughter was getting bored.

They wanted me beside them always, and I wanted to use the time learning something new. Thought it would be good time...hehehehe... I started learning about popcorn stitch watching a video tutorial. I felt it to be quite easy and simple.

It was evening and I was having popcorn for my coffee, that suddenly an idea struck me why not I try making something using the popcorn stitch I learned.. Yeah, something should be made.... and I started thinking what would be better... any table cover or jewellery or hair accessory etc. Finally, I settled with making jewellery, but not earrings , so whipped up a bracelet...




I scaled down the hook than mentioned in the yarn so that the bracelet would be stiff enough. I sued DK yarn and 3.00mm hook instead of 4.00mm hook. I used single crochet stitches, then used the popcorn stitches and to match the bottom row, I used the same single crochet stitches above the popcorn stitches, then, added a loop using chain stitches on one end, continued single crochet along to other end added few rows of single crochet to fix button and yes!!! , the bracelet is ready to wear.

The bracelet measured 8"*1". I added a brown button to match the colour. It moves along my hand easily. I was really excited on the outcome. Its indeed a chunky bracelet and you know, I really adore this creation. It is indeed a bracelet or banglet, you can say, but no noise of the bangles, and with all prettiness of both bracelet and bangle. It goes well with any modern outfit, I should say, especially with jeans and top or churidhars....

I think I would take this as a reason now to make more bracelets like this or something similar type with different patterns... Need to check for more good stitches....

No comments:

Post a Comment