Wednesday 9 March 2016

Crochet Lord Ganapathi wall hanging-1

Hi there everyone,

Greetings from Kala. This is my first blog, so please bear with my mistakes if any.

To begin with, I am blogging about the crocheted wall hanging of Lord Ganapathi that I first attempted and how it transformed me to an entrepreneur...

I always had interest in craftwork since my school days to sewing, embroidery, home décors, wall hanging, cross stitch etc. So when I first learnt to crochet the basic stitches, I wanted to experiment a kind of cross stitch in crochet. This crocheted wall hanging of Lord Ganapathi is the first one I attempted.

I was overwhelmed with the output. I am not that good in drawing or painting, hardly knows few designs for the kolam. So, when I was about to attempt it, I was sceptical how it would come out.. But to my dismay, I really really really liked it.

My kids and hubby appreciated me on my effort, I felt like I am a super person.... For the next few days, I was just going on admiring my work, patting on my back (so funny, I felt)...

When I showed it to my cousin, she liked it and told me she wants to purchase it.. I was like "WHAT????"..  She repeated again, she wanted to purchase it and encouraged me to start a business. I was almost feeling dizzy because I didn't even think of setting up a business. This is my passion. But then I had to accept her words and you know what, she gave me a couple of orders too... Oh my GOD, whats it happening ???

I then interrupted her and asked for few days break as I need to think of it seriously, need to discuss with my family and suspended the talk there... To my surprise, my family, my friends everyone had the same thought as my cousin. Thus, this wall hanging marked the start of my journey as an entrepreneur.

However, I know that this wall hanging has its own negative sides like, the borders are not well aligned, it is not blocked. I then started researching more about crochet since that day. I set certain rules for myself to get devoted to crochet, which again set some routine in the life, I should say. I am so happy for that.Hope you also like my work.

Have a lovely day. See you soon with my next post until then its Kala signing off...

No comments:

Post a Comment