Friday 20 May 2016

The most awaited table cloth.

Hello there everyone. Hope everything is as usual. Mine is the same, however, I am investing  more time to crochet or is it just a feeling, I don't know.

This post is going to be one of my dearest posts in my life, I should say. Why?? Can you give a wild guess?? Yeah. you got it. This post is about my most awaited table cloth. Remember my post how I got into this project, how I developed a pattern for it by myself. If you haven't been to that, don't worry. You can read it here.

Finally I am done with all finishing touches for the table cloth. I would like to thank Kate for giving me sound advise on how to block the table cloth. Hey, Kate is absolutely amazing. I accidentally got an information about blocking from her site. Though there are many in the internet, videos etc, I found Kate's method of explanation so easier. I emailed her and to my surprise, she instantly responded with few tips too. I promised her that I will let her know the status of my table cloth once it is done. Kate too has a blog called http://signedwithanowl.blogspot.com/. If you haven't been to her blog, please pop in. It is definitely a value add to your knowledge. Kate, once again, many thanks for guiding me. Hope you see my finished work and drop your suggestions. After going through her inputs, I like to block every project of mine. It does change the look of the project. So dignified....

This is how my table cloth now looks like, a demo on my dining table.


tablecloth
 
A close up of the table cloth pattern below.
 
tablecloth

Doesn't the table cloth majestically lie on the dining table. I am in awe of it. Really feel so proud about myself that within a short span of experience in crochet, I got to design my own pattern. Thanking my friend for giving me this opportunity. Kids are asking me to crochet a tablecloth for us. :-). Glad that they liked the outcome. However, it was really difficult for me to manage them as I had laid it on the carpet in their playroom. I had to be always behind my LOs, as I feared they will pull out the needles, and they did it too when I was away from their sight. :-). Also the climate was so cold - rainy all the time, hardly any sunshine. So it took more days to get dried, up to my satisfaction.

Now this needs to carefully wrapped and posted to her when I go to India. So friends, hope you all like this. Please share your suggestions as usual. Have a lovely evening and weekend. Its Kala signing off until I come back with a new post.

No comments:

Post a Comment