Tuesday 17 May 2016

Granny round jar cover

Hi friends,

Didn't I tell you in my previous post that I got a hang of doing some granny squares and jumped into something that I really didn't expect to do so? Well, did you read my mind what I made ??? Yeah, you are right. I made a granny round jar cover. I couldn't call it granny square, as the pattern though is granny square, its for round jam bottle. So calling it Granny round jar cover. Excuse me for that...


There were some jam bottles lying in the kitchen which I have reserved for later use. Always it will be useful to store some bits and bobs in home, especially if there are toddlers.. :-).

So when I was thinking of making something out of granny square, an idea struck me why not I try to make a jar cover. And then I didn't wait for anything else, just sat down and started crocheting.

But I was stuck with making the rounds taller. Hey, how do I do it ??? I kinda was wondering how to increase the rounds to the lengthwise.. I was totally lost in that excitement, but then figured out that I just need to avoid the corner clusters and go in round and round with the regular clusters and spaces after few trials.

How silly was that I got stuck there!!!


 Then my rounds got increasing lengthwise. I don't always pattern any colour palette. Just pick up random colours as I go crocheting, ensuring that the colours blend with each other.

Every alternating row has dark / bright colour or sometimes have a good colour combo.

Then I added an edging also to that granny round cover. I felt like the jar cover was loose at the top around the neck of the bottle. So didn't think much, made a long chain and then tied a bow to the neck.... Bow suits to neck, though.


See how cosily does the cover snugs to the jar, doesn't it???  You know what, It hardly took an evening time for me to make this project and its really inspiring that you would definitely want to sit and do more and more.

This pattern is really a stash buster too. I think of making some more and contributing to the upcoming summer fair in my kids' school.


Hope you all liked my post. Please share your comments, also would like to know about my pattern if it was legible. Until then happy crocheting and bye from Kala.

No comments:

Post a Comment