Wednesday 11 May 2016

Granny square side table mat



Hi there, how all are doing??? I am so happy that its so sunny here in Glasgow this week. Everything is so colourful outside. Hope this lasts for few more days as the weather here is really unpredictable.
 


As mentioned in my previous post, this is the granny square that I made for my side table. Its pretty straight forward one. A floral center using dc clusters made out of magic ring and granny clusters all in dcs. I like making centers using magic ring rather than the chains as for some reason the chains doesn't work well for me. I used JAYGO method to join the granny squares.

My intention was to make a cover type, then I decided to make it as a mat type, so that I can wash it whenever needed. If it was a cover type, covering the sides, I feared on every removal, it might lose its tension.

                                                                                

This is how it looks like in my living/dining room. It just snugs in the corner behind the door. Did you spot a mistake that I made in the border? I noted the mistake while blocking this. There is an extra dc, I think that is the reason, to the corner of each granny square which caused my granny mat to ruffle. I was wondering why I wasn't able to straighten the middle portion during blocking.

Upon closely watching, I noted this mistake. There should be only one set of three dcs in which the middle stitch is a dctog (hope you understood what I meant). Instead of this I had continuously used two set of three dcs in each corner of the granny square.

So this point I have noted for my future projects to be taken care of.

Additionally, I could add tassels for this mat, but I have reserved it for my next project, which is half done. I need to join the squares and add borders to it. In the meantime, I have jumped to some other home décor project which was really unexpected for me. I shall share it sooner.

Another point I noted when taking these photos is poor lighting. I think its high time too switch over to a HD camera. Maybe that also plays a vital role apart from the natural lighting. Here in Glasgow, we get very less sunshine. Mostly, its grey .... So a request in pipeline to my hubby, yeah, I found a reason....

As usual, please leave your comments. I wold love to know from you. until then bye from Kala.

No comments:

Post a Comment