Thursday 18 August 2016

This time its striped jar jacket !!!

Hello everyone. How are all doing? Today's post is about crocheted striped jar jacket. Its a simple one. Most of my posts are beginners / advanced beginners / intermediate pattern related as I love to keep everything simple, easy and legible. Everyday I learn crochet as its so vast.

So coming back to the post, this jar jacket pattern has only dcs (double crochet stitches) with alternating light shades. As usual with jar bottom extending upwards, it forms a sturdy cover.

Crochet jar jacket

This is another view of the bottle.

Crochet jar jacket


Crocheted jar jacketOnce I was done with this cover, I sensed some emptiness in the jar cover, a plain design. I wanted to add something to it. I was thinking.. thinking.. thinking... I then remembered, I had learnt some time before a leaf pattern from Sheruknitting. I wanted to try that on this jar jacket. Anyways, I had made up mind that this will be used as flower vase for home, so leaf would be apt for this. Also being it in light shades, green colour would suit best too.

So I didn't wait much longer. Took up my hook and started crocheting a sprig which would fit the bottle circumference. Once I had done with that what would you think that I would have done to the leaves??? Cant hear ??? A little bit louder.... What??? Stitched it ??? Thanks for the answers. But I wasn't, honestly, that happy to sit and stitch dearies, because I knew it would be time consuming.

 
Crocheted jar jacket
So stuck the sprig using hot glue, (felt a bit lazy here...).. The sprig was stretchy. So I stretched it to get the exact shape of the leaf.

Again here, I didn't block as leaves wont be so straight. Also I had another thought too. Since I am going to use it as flower vase, I added few assorted buttons which I had in hand, in a circle here and there. I wasn't choosy for the buttons, randomly I selected few colours and fixed it.

And you know what.. It turned out to be much more a lovely jar that I would have crocheted ever.

But later I realised, I was so haste in that. Had I chosen buttons of same colour, then my buttony flowers would have been so beautiful, hadn't it be?? Still no worries. It is my own version.
 

However, isn't that lovely to see the jar??? What do you say?? I couldn't then wait longer to see how the flowers will sit in it. So that day evening I bought a bouquet and placed it in the jar. And my happiness knew no bounds. I felt much proud too. Something had I done which adds beauty to the house. A kala (in Indian language, kala means art) from Kala, huh???

In the evening, when my kids returned from the school and hubby back from office, I asked them how it fits in the hall. They were so happy too and appreciated me (raising collar)....


Now when I remove it to dust the place and be a little late to place it back, I feel that the shelf calls me, beckoning the jar, asking me to put it back... hahahaha.... My illusion?????

Oh, by the way, I had crocheted a flower vase mat for this jar. That will be another post. Now it is already too lengthy. Hope you will enjoy reading it. Until the next post, its Kala signing off..... Bye and please do keep in touch.

Happy crocheting...

No comments:

Post a Comment