Sunday 21 August 2016

Floral earrings

It was so grey and rainy yesterday. I sat down on my sofa after the household chores wondering what can be done. I started learning something new in crochet, but continuous working on it bored me. Seeing the same colour for some time had almost put me to sleep. The climate was also favourable. No no no... I don't want to sleep. Then I thought of making something easy, but diverting. So earrings came to my rescue. I made two pairs of earrings on a single go which was unintentional, but it was so addictive.
 
This was the first one I made out of yellow crochet cotton thread and 1.75mm hook. I didn't have much idea that I foresaw to make. It happened so. I loved the colour combo - yellow and pink. Oh I really loved the outcome. I didn't need to iron it as it was stiff by itself. I just needed to try it on. The rhinestones as well as the pink beads go well with each other.
 
Crochet earrings

I didn't follow any pattern for these two, so I can claim its my version, but net provides more options. However, the second one I made was a dangling floral earrings which again is my pattern, but to add beads and hook together which I was so unsure of, I had to seek help from the net. Adding pink bead to it was my boy M suggestion. Sometimes I seek his help for colour combos.

The difficult part in this was to crochet around the beads. If you had gone through my blog, you would have noticed, I hadn't done much with beads. Though I very much love to work with beads and find out new ways to add it in my work, I am afraid of using it when my baby S is around. She is so cheeky nowadays, so I didn't want to take any risk. Everything else can wait, no hurry... 
 
Crochet earrings

At the end of the day, I was so satisfied and happy that I learnt something new and made some earrings too. I had bought some t-shirts for this summer, so making these would complement it.
These are so simple and easy earrings, any one learning crochet can try this.
 
What do you think about these?? Aren't they cute??? Leave your comments, I would love to hear from you. Until next post, bye from Kala. Have a wonderful week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment