Tuesday 25 July 2017

Back after a while and updates

So friends, you all would be wondering where I had vanished all of a sudden. Here I have appeared again. Also with some updates. 

After my post about the crochet shrug, I was fully involved in the second Guinness project of making shawls. The target was to make shawls which would measure 5kms, but finally it measured 14.1kms. Isnt that a big achievement. It was made under the banner MICQ, where we rocked again. It was again a charity project and all the shawls were donated to the needy people. I have made a video on that in my youtube channel. The link is here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crtFM3AkZsM . Though that was for a good cause, something terrible happened to me. Any guesses?? I almost broke my hand after that hard crocheting work. Though the stitch was simple V stitch and a minimum of 5 shawls were to be made, I made 7 shawls, each of it with dimension 7"*80", I crocheted it very fast so that I could hand it over to my husband as he was travelling at that time immediately. Little did i knew that I should have put that much effort continously crocheting which would harm my wrists. It was out of the passion and excitement that I sat for hours and finished it. Later, I couldn't even move my hand or the fingers. Oh no!! what had happened?? My husband too was out of station and kids with me, I had to take care of them, cook food, clean house, school pickup and drop, all household chores etc. I didnt know what has happened all of a sudden. And this was first time happening to me ever since I started crocheting. I was in panic and started crying, praying it should alleviate. I even rushed to the hospital, but the doctor said to wait for one more week. I felt ridiculous (may be out of my pain). I reached home and thought to call up my mom. She said it might be the muscle pull due to over strain and asked me to apply murivenna, an ayurvedic oil used for muscle pulls or minor sprains in the body. Luckily I had it with me. I applied it almost the whole day for 3-4 days as told by my mom and you know what??? It did the magic. THANKS TO MY MOM FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART. My hands were getting back to its normalcy. Also, my right middle finger which was sprained or so some two years ago (which I had almost forgotten as I very carefully neglected it) while I was keading chapathi dough, that too got cured. Also my neck and shoulders and eyes were also affected badly due to this strain. So as a whole, my body needed some treatment, exercises and top of it was rest. So I decided to put away my crochet for a while becuase I was sure if I see it, it will tempt me to pick up and crochet. 

But meanwhile, I ordered some yarns too and bought some locally too so that I could stock them which got exhausted in the shawl project. In pipeline were lapghan projects for charity purpose. So needed some for that. 

When my husband returned to UK, kids mentioned this incident, thanks to them which made him bit furious, also for having hidden this from him. I expected his response and the same he told me that I should put a full stop to crochet. We had a good argument and fight over it. I was crossed at the kids too. But I didnt give up. I promised him that I will take care of my health too, but wouldn't stop crocheting and no more talk in this regard. 

Later, when our fight turned into sweet life, he blasted a bomb that we have to relocate to India. Oh no, again another reason for doing a quick crochet stuff regarding the lapghan project. Also packing the house!!! It was really a nuclear bomb that he had exploded on my head. In between , he was travelling too. Oh my goodness!!! My head was spinning. I then started slowly doing my lapghan project (I think I have mentioned it in one of my posts, if I am correct. Whatever, here it is again.) and then finished it off. I donated it to my neighbour who is a nurse in the hospital. So it would be of great help to those who are in need of it there especially in winters.

Another crochet project popped up which was again a Guinness work - crocheting sculptures. This event would be in December 2017. The theme is Go Green, but I am tied up for now, so haven't decided of it. 

And then, it was time for me to concentrate on packing, discarding, recycling etc. It took almost a couple of months because I didn't want to rush at the last moment. I was almost away from all social networking sites because there were priority things for me especially school admission hunting for my kids. My husband was not sure if he would be posted in Chennai or Bangalore. So I had to cover almost both places, prepare my older one for his entrance exams which was absolutely new for him. He didn't have any idea of that. Luckily my husband had bought some texts for helping him prepare for the exams. Meanwhile we had asked our relatives to find some proper locations of the houses / flats in and around the schools which we preferred. We had to pack accordingly some for the cargo to be sent, some to be carried along with us as check in and cabin luggages. The hardest part of all these is to bid farewell to the teachers and friends in the school. 

Now that the admission processes are over in India for the kids, we are travelling to India. Miss badly the UK, Great Britain. It was a wonderful time spent in UK. Miss lovely friends and culture and taking away home some beutiful memories now all in photos and social networking sites. 

I hope to be regular once I am settled in India with my crochet life. Lets see what India has for me from crochet perspective. I think my first and foremost to-do thongs are already committed crochet tasks which will help me think about more what to do next. Anyways, that is it for now from me. It has been considerably a long post, but would engage you for a while. See you soon, until then its bye from Kala. Happy life and happy crocheting.

No comments:

Post a Comment