Sunday 16 October 2016

Self gifted crochet travel case

Doesn't that title seem to be weird?? But I don't. Because, this is an unexpected, unplanned gift that I presented to myself on my birthday two days back.
 
Two weeks ago when my kids went out with their dad for weekend shopping to buy groceries, they bought a cute cylindrical case of sweets. They were so happy that their dad bought it for them as both of us don't show much interest in buying sweets. We don't like their little teeth get harmed. But once in a while we do buy them some. When they came back home and showed it to me, though I was crossed at first, I was also happy to see their joy they put on their faces and joined them in their happiness.
 
I then asked them what they were going to do with the case. Each came up with their own ideas, Boy M said he will make a rocket out of it, Little V said he will make submarine, (wowwww, that's an awesome thought for his age, I felt. But he said he would definitely ask for his big brother's help. That is anyway expected, hahahahaha). My ladybird obviously had no choice other than copying her brothers. so she said she will make both of them. Permitted.
 
Crochet travel caseLater, I saw in their playroom the sweet case lying on the floor ignored. I asked them if they are not making any of their ideas to which they paid least attention. I then confirmed if they are not using it, then I might want to. Little V asked me what was my idea. I came up with my thought of using the case to put my crochet essentials while travelling. Kids liked my idea and immediately gave it to me for my purpose. Aaahhh, kids are so generous, aren't they????
 

Crochet travel case
I took some time to crochet a case cover wherein I can put my essential crochet accessories while travelling or waiting to pickup my kids until they finish off their school club sessions. To add details, I crocheted a multi layered two toned flower also. I crocheted a lid cover too and stuck it to the case lid. My cute crochet case cover is ready to use. You know how handy it is when you put it in your handbag or the crochet bag itself. You just need to take that case alone where you can find your crochet hook(s), tiny pair of scissors, tape, stitch marker, a couple of buttons, or beads etc. Thanks to my kids and hubby that they bought this. I have been looking for such a handy case while travelling when I don't need to take my entire box or just scatter it in my bag.
 
What a lovely gift I got !!! You know something. You can use it as kids' pencil case, or put agarbathis in the pooja room, or use it as a corner designer in your living room or hall with a couple of artificial flowers in it,  makeup brushes (kit).Options are endless. Tell me what would you like to use it as. Love to hear from you. Until then, bye from Kala.

No comments:

Post a Comment