Friday 10 June 2016

Granny square cushion cover -1

Hi there everyone. Life is as usual, so is my crochet fever too. This post is about granny square cushion cover. This is for my brother in Trivandrum, the capital city of Kerala (India). He has asked me to make a couple of cushion covers which I have already mentioned somewhere in my previous posts. He liked the granny square blanket I made for the Guinness world record event and wanted me to make it. So I started off with that project.

There is nothing much to explain in this project as this is very similar to any other granny square cushion patterns. But the only change I introduced here was that I chose two different patterns for two sides. I may not be the only soul who would have tried this out, there should be many.

The first side has 9 small squares with additional regular granny rows. The second side is the regular granny square rows itself. I added buttons to lock the fourth side or top side.

Crochet cushion cover

 I think its a good way to introduce buttons in between the stitches. So in that way I avoided the overhead of adding loops or extra chains. Moreover, this cushion cover is a bit larger than the cushion size. So it stretches to a little, thereby giving sufficient room for locking the buttons.

The reason why I chose this pattern is that this pillow can be turned to any side depending upon the mood. It will not showcase the monotonous effect if I had crocheted both sides in the same pattern.

Crochet cushion cover

Secondly, I thought I will get a chance to learn new stitches and new patterns as there are innumerable collections. Only problem is to choose the pattern to learn. :-).

Again this is a very easy, beginner pattern, a very great stash buster and a soothing one. Hope you liked this. Please leave your comments below. Happy crocheting and have a lovely day. Until then its bye from Kala.

No comments:

Post a Comment