Sunday 4 December 2016

White bud crocheted prayer shawl

Christmas is round the corner and so is the mood to crochet new stuff - maybe its hanging ornaments, bunting, coasters, placemats and what not, isn't it? This time I wanted to try something new that I haven't dared to do so - its a prayer shawl. For that I had to do a study, what does that literally mean.
 
 thought it is a shawl that the ladies drape over their shoulders when they go to church for attending mass. But I wasn't so sure of that as I had just watched in films. But I learnt that its for various purposes - keeping one in prayers, praying for recovery from illnesses etc. But this for me, I crocheted keeping in mind my first reason.
 
I crocheted it using 100% cotton yarn and a hook size of 6mm. I think even if it was 6.5mm, it would be easy to use. It consumed one full ball of white yarn and few yards from the second ball for tassels. I didn't follow any pattern as such. It flashed in my mind as my work progressed, tried it out and trust me, it was easy to crochet this. Just chainless single crochet, chains and some picots to form the bud shape. Once you get the hang of it, it is easy to continue and you want it to get finished off to see how it looks like. Finally a round of single crochet to give a defined look. Its 40" * 30"(along drape side) * 14" (from the middle to the tip of the shawl). I could do it in a week with couple of hours each day. Showcasing a couple of its photos.
 
White rosebud crocheted prayer shawl

White rosebud crocheted prayer shawl
 
 
Maybe this is one of those projects which I have wanted to finish off in time. I liked the way it hangs from the chair. It was so cozy to wear it around the shoulder. Hope you liked it. Love to hear from you. Until then its Kala signing off. Have a lovely week ahead and happy crocheting.

No comments:

Post a Comment